Friday, April 17, 2009

Snowman in April

So it is the middle of April and Bryant and I built a snowman. It snowed 6 inches overnight so I convinced Bryant to build a snowman with me while I took a break from studying for finals. The snow was perfect, the sun was shining, it was perfect snowman building conditions. The snow was melting as we were building. In fact all the snow left on the driveway after making the base of the snowman had melted. The base of the snowman was a good 4 feet when we started.

Bryant had a lot of trouble moving the snowman base over to the tree.

Attempt 1



Attempt 2




He was soaked by the time he got it in place


This is definitely our biggest snowman yet. It was a good 6 feet by the time were done. We had to have my Uncle help us lift the middle section into place. Thank goodness he was there.


We gave it a mohawk and a great face (If I do say so my self)


Today he is nearly dead. He has been sloping over since yesterday. His head is barely holding on. He looks pretty funny

1 comment:

  1. No way! that is so cool. I was bummed by the fluffy snow we had earlier. I wish I would have tried to make a snowman with the snow that just came...and left. Oh well maybe next year (or next week)

    ReplyDelete