Monday, May 12, 2014

May Beginnings and Mother's Day

Tucker has gotten so good at reading this year. I love it. I try to bring home lots of books from the library that he feels capable of reading. He spent 40 minutes reading to Hunter and Brylee one afternoon, when I had to take a break from reading to work on the dishes! It is so wonderful to have another reader in the house. It always makes my day :)


Here is a precious picture of Gunnar napping holding onto one of his dogs. He sure does love them.

Mother's Day was blissful! Bryant is always great at getting up early enough to help the kids get their breakfast and to make me something scrumptious! This year he made french toast with french bread and I think he fried it in butter. Totally unhealthy but totally delicious. There were even a couple of pieces left this morning for my breakfast today :) Bryant also got me some new hot pads for the kitchen. When I told him that all I really wanted were some new hot pads so I didn't have to worry about burning my hands anymore he said he couldn't do that because it would be like not buying me a watch because there is a clock on the stove. I'm glad he got them for me anyway! After almost 8 years our previous ones are rather thin and have been burnt on the stove top a couple of times :P 

I was also scheduled to teach Sunday School on Mother's Day. I told Bryant that he could teach for me if he really wanted to do something amazing for me (only slightly sarcastically). I think he dislikes teaching more than me so I wasn't really planning on him teaching and when he did ask sincerely if I wanted him to teach I told him not to worry about. Well Saturday evening, Bryant got a call from the coteacher asking if I would appreciate not teaching on Mother's Day. I was in the same room and told Bryant it was no big deal, that I had practically finished planning the lesson, so I could teach. Bryant, however, told that I would be more than happy to let him teach. So I was off the hook for teaching too! 

After church and a small lunch, I put Gunnar down for a nap and took one myself! I didn't realize how tired I was until Gunnar woke me up almost three hours later!! I came out of my room to find that Tucker, who always has tons of energy was passed out on the couch too!


Finally, we have started potty training Gunnar on Saturday. I really need him well trained by this coming Saturday because we are going to be having a fun filled day! Also if I don't get him trained now it probably won't happen until after the baby comes because I plan to be busy once school gets out and not sitting around the house. And waiting that long just seems silly to me. He is already older than my other kids were when they were potty trained so it was time for me to suck it up. Thankfully his accidents happened in the kitchen in the morning so they were easy to clean up and once we got some pee in the toilet he seemed to have it figured out. I just have to ask him about it occasionally and he needs to be naked but we seem to be having a good experience with it. Here's to hoping that he is "trained" by the end of Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment