Monday, November 3, 2014

October

We got to spend a whole week in Mesa, AZ during October. If it had not been SO HOT it would have been perfect ;) I knew it was going to be "warm" so I didn't pack any pants or long sleeve shirts but it was still in the 90s while we were there and leaving the beautiful 70 degree weather, the 90s were hot. It was nice spending a whole week with the family who were enjoying their fall break. I felt like I had plenty of time to visit with everyone and get real time with some of my family members that I rarely get to see when we are down. I really enjoyed the long talks I got to have with Natalie at night and Aleisa on our drive to visit with Tammy. That one on one time is not something that I usually get. Bryant also got to go fishing a few times with his brother, always catching a fish as soon as he walked away from the fishing pole to go to the bathroom :) We were also fortunate to tour the Phoenix Temple Open house on its first day open. It was so nice to go at the beginning when it wasn't terribly crowded. I had a friend post of Facebook the other night about how it took her family 2.5 hours to get from their car, through the temple, and back to their car because there were so many people. That is how I felt our Ogden Temple walk through was like. The children had a great time seeing everything inside once again. I can't wait for the Payson, Utah Temple open house in January :)

It was nice to come back to Utah and still have glorious weather. October's theme for me was "do nothing." I seriously spent several hours outside every day and had to drag myself in the house to make dinner each night. It was just too fun to be out in the wonderful weather with all of my children, the other moms in the circle, and all of their children. Dinner was always late and Tucker and Hunter didn't always get their homework done but in the grand scheme of things that doesn't really matter, we sure had fun though!


Our almost 4 year old neighbor inherited a bike from another neighbor at the end of the summer and had been riding it tons. Hunter took several turns on this bike too. Well the training wheels wore out on it and the only ones we had that could attempt to replace them were from a 12in bike and were way too short for the bike. They did however give the psychological benefit to Hunter and our neighbor that training wheels were on the bike so they both rode it without the training wheels even touching the ground. Hunter was so thrilled with himself. He had me take the training wheels off our "big boy" bike and he took off like a champ! He was so thrilled with himself he kept exclaiming "2 WHEELS!!!" and "I'M DOING IT!!" over and over. It was a very proud Mom moment and one that I'm glad I got to enjoy. 

Here is a video of Hunter shortly after mastering "2 wheels"


And here he is being more adventurous as he has gained confidence and riding down the sidewalk bump :)

Tucker was so excited by Hunter's success that he decided that he should try as well. He decided to ride the bike that had the training wheels that don't touch the ground. Tucker is a lot more timid than Hunter and has not had as much balancing practice but he was able to ride on two wheels, he just doesn't like to turn so he would ride in straight lines from one driveway to another :)

No comments:

Post a Comment