Monday, August 11, 2014

8 Years!

Bryant and I have been married for 8 years!!! I love this guy so much. I couldn't imagine my life without him. To celebrate we went on a sunset sail on Utah Lake. We actually got to man the boat and practice tacking and learn lots of sea terminology. 

Apparently, I impressed Bryant with my sea knowledge. Bryant asked our captain what he thought the weather was going to be like because it didn't seem like there was a lot of wind. Our captain responded that he thought he saw red in the sky that morning. Bryant looked confused so I repeated, "Red in the morning sailor's take warning, red at night, sailor's delight." Both Bryant and the captain looked at me impressed. That was a phrase I learned when watching Deadliest Catch with Bryant years ago! Bryant doesn't remember it at all. :)

Next the captain was trying to teach us the different sides of the boat and he pointed to the left side and asked what it was called, which I confidently replied, "port side." Again Bryant was surprised, so I told him that the captain had just referred to something being located on the port side of the cabin to his first mate and I had made a mental note :P

It was so nice to get out of the house without the kids for 2 hours. We are considering taking lessons starting next spring and are looking for another couple to join us so we can get a group rate! (hint hint nudge nudge wink wink)


Here is Bryant at the controls :)

Here is our sunset 




Thankfully we didn't get eaten by a bunch of bugs! As we were walking back to our car they were swarming above in the sky. There were so many they made quite the loud audible noise. I had never heard anything like it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment