Monday, August 11, 2014

Apparently I'm awesome

This last week has been a really good week. If I think really hard about the week I can identify plenty of times where the kids weren't listening or I got frustrated but my general feeling of the past week has been bliss. I am really enjoying life right now.

Last week a bunch of people in the ward were looking for camping stuff for this past weekend. So I got on the ward facebook page and posted: "There have been a lot of requests for camping stuff. For anyone in need: we have three blue roll out camping mats, two twin air mattresses, 5 full size sleeping bags, a spacious 8 man tent that you can stand up in, and a partridge in a pear tree"

I just thought I was being clever and silly. Well the following day at church the bishop came up to me to tell me that I made him laugh. His wife also came up to me and gave me a hug because I apparently always bring a smile to her face. It made for a great start to last week.

My calling in church is to teach Sunday school every other week and it was my turn this Sunday. I always feel like it takes me a little while to get in the zone when teaching and I can easily lose track of where I am. I like to write out what I want to say (like giving a talk) so that I don't have to come up with filler words but I also don't like to just read from a paper when teaching so it can be hard to keep track of where I am and say everything I wanted to say. Apparently, people like my lessons and this week someone came up and told me that his wife doesn't usually like gospel doctrine classes and prefers gospel essentials because they keep it simple but she enjoys my lessons.

Then my visiting teachers came over and I have a new sister visiting me that is new to the ward. Apparently, the week that Bryant I spoke in June was her and her husband's first week in the ward and he was super impressed that a pregnant lady that was about to pop could give such a great talk and be so spiritual. I totally felt like I fumbled through my talk because I started crying when I completely didn't expect to be so I blamed it on the pregnancy hormones :)

It was so wonderful to have people tell me that they think I'm awesome especially when I haven't been feeling like I have been doing a whole lot of special these past weeks. So I have decided that I need to be more vocal of people that I think are awesome because everyone has to like hearing how awesome they are :)

I hope this week continues in awesomeness and so does yours :P

No comments:

Post a Comment