Friday, January 2, 2015

Christmas Morning

Amazingly, I was able to wrap Christmas presents throughout the month of December so I didn't have to wrap everything Christmas eve! I was amazed. We were up late Christmas eve because I was finishing sewing some of the presents because I did not want to sew in the evenings generally because that was my Bryant time.



All of our children got a spin toothbrush in their stocking this year. They were all so excited that everyone brushed their teeth before breakfast without being asked just because they want to try them out. This toothbrush has made it SO much easier to brush Gunnar's teeth. He is a very independent child and wants to do everything himself and despises it when Bryant or I 'check' his teeth after he has brushed. Now he can hold the toothbrush and we can help guide it around after he has finished brushing himself. 

Here is Tucker going through his stocking

Connor was super excited for the holiday

Brylee going through her stocking

Hunter is checking out his lunar nightlight

Gunnar is ready to open all the presents.

We knew that it was really Christmas when we woke up because we had SNOW!!! As a side note you can see that the children had lots of fun rearranging our nativity on our window throughout the month. They thought it was funny that people were 'flying in the sky'

setting out the presents so we can have some form of organization. This year I purchased a webcam for our computer so we can skype. I did not put it under the tree. Instead I set it up and invited my mother to join us for the present opening shenanigans. It was fun to share the morning with her!

Here is Tucker with the blanket I made for him. It has cozy fabric on the bottom side so it is always warm, which is important in this house since I keep the heat down at 65, except first thing in the morning it warms up to 67 to make it easier to get out of bed :)


Here is Brylee opening her blanket. She is the reason I decided to make the blankets. She has been sleeping with a baby blanket for awhile now because it is so cozy and warm, even though it does not cover her completely. I knew that if I made one for her, Hunter would want one because he is always trying to take my cozy Tinkerbell blanket to bed and then I knew that if I made one for Hunter and Brylee, Tucker would want one too. I hoped that Gunnar would not feel left out because I had just made him a dog blanket for his birthday this summer and thankfully he didn't even notice :)

I do not have a picture of Hunter with his blanket yet so I will work on that so you can see what it looks like :)

Gunnar and Connor got sleeping bags for Christmas so they will be set for all of our camping adventures this summer!


Here is Hunter opening his Batman jacket. 

The jacket has a mesh mask as part of it that he is able to see through when wearing it


Here I am opening up the scriptures that Bryant got me. I lost my scriptures that I got from my grandparents at my baptism this year. I was super sad about it because I loved those scriptures. There have been many times I have considered getting new ones but I never wanted to part with the old ones. Well I have no idea what happened to mine and after missing them for a couple of months it is great to have new ones! Bryant is just glad that it says Malisa Whiting instead of Malisa King now ;)


I have decided that our new Christmas morning breakfast tradition will be cinnamon roll french toast! It was so delicious and super easy! I used my normal bread recipe but rolled each dough loaf out spread butter, than brown sugar, and sprinkled with cinnamon, then rolled it up super tight and baked the loaf. It takes A LOT longer for the loaf to cook and Bryant has to keep me out of the kitchen otherwise I try to remove them too soon and they are still doughy in the center but they turned out beautifully!


After breakfast we went out to make a snowman only to find the snow was a perfect powder so we had a marvelous snowball fight instead. I was amazed that no one got upset or 'injured' while we played and we all had a wonderful time! After the fighting, I got to do my favorite winter activity "shovel snow!"




No comments:

Post a Comment