Sunday, February 16, 2014

Chicken Pox...and more

I have had all of my children vaccinated so either Gunnar's chicken pox shot was unsuccessful or it gave him the chicken pox. Either way he got the chicken pox (or what we believe to be the chicken pox). He has almost fully recovered but it now appears that Brylee has them, not as many but still frustrating.

Last week I stayed home from church with Gunnar because Bryant was volunteering in Primary. I was supposed to teach Sunday school. I had printed off the lesson on a Thursday but still hadn't looked at it by Saturday afternoon. So I called the sunday school president and asked him to sub for me. He is also my home teacher :) I was grateful for his willingness and that I had been unable to look over the lesson so I had not spent all the time preparing. This week we all stayed home from school as we have lots of runny noses, Brylee has the chicken pox, Gunnar is almost cleared up, and Bryant was diagnosed with strep throat!

Thursday was our expected day to celebrate Valentine's Day. I am grateful that we did not buy tickets for a dinner and play since Bryant spent the entire day in bed. He went to an insta-care on Friday morning and was told he had strep throat and got a shot in his bum. He was well enough to go to work on Friday afternoon and has been feeling loads better since Saturday afternoon.

On Friday, to celebrate Valentine's Day with the children we made "gingerbread houses" with sugar cookie dough. We failed to make gingerbread houses around Christmas this year and so I told Hunter that we could make them for Valentine's Day. Well, when Tucker started talking about getting to have a party at school on Friday for Valentine's Day Hunter got super excited and reminded me that I said we could make gingerbread houses! I made the dough on Thursday night and Friday afternoon we cut out the shapes and built the houses (after cooking the dough, of course). Here are some pictures of their creations:







Here is a video :) Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment