Sunday, February 9, 2014

Tucker's Six!

Happy Birthday to Tucker!! He is such a great boy! He loves his brothers and sister and is quick to help and share. He was so excited to celebrate at school. All the kids in class drew pictures for him and his teacher put them all together in a book. He had lots of fun passing out fruit snacks and candy to the other kids too.

Here he is with his presents from Mom and Dad when he got home from school



Everyone is excited about the Lego Star Wars. He was also super excited about new shoes, a car math game, and some first grade work books! This kid loves to learn and I hope it never changes!


Because it is an even birthday, Tucker got to have a party with friends this year. He wanted to invite all the girls in his class that name's started with "j" plus a few others. So he ended up inviting 10 people for an Art party. Thankfully, four of the girls did not come. It is probably because their parents don't know me. I know the rest of the kids mothers from volunteering in the class, or because they are in our ward.

Because it was an art party, I decided they needed a craft that involved painting, because I have tons of paint left over from the Christmas presents I made for Bryant's and my parents. Painting meant aprons. A wonderful sister in the ward let me raid her fabric boxes for lots of girl fabric (I have mostly boy fabric, go figure :P) Then after a dream of all the children showing up despite not RSVPing, I made all ten aprons. Now I have 4 extra girl aprons laying around for when we need them

We made egg carton animals (frog, bird, or pig) The kids got to paint the egg carton pieces and cut out the paper for the appendages. Then I had them pick two small pom poms, which I hot glued together with googly eyes to be the "baby"

They had lots of fun "cleaning" off the table when everyone was done painting

We had a rainbow of colors to eat, kiwi fruit, red apples, yellow apples, oranges, pineapple, and rainbow goldfish. They had raided it well by the time I came to take a picture


Next they got to decorate a sugar cookie person however they wanted.


Then I gave them each giant sheets of paper (1.5 ft x 2 ft) to draw whatever they wanted on it. They all thought the giant paper was really cool. Most of them drew what they would normally draw on a regular piece of paper just REALLY big. It was cute.

Here is the cake that I made for Tucker. It is probably one of the easiest cakes I have made, and I almost spelt birthday wrong again this year. Silly me!

Everyone seemed to have a good time and Tucker enjoyed his party so much it was still on his mind when it came time to pray as a family that night. I'm so grateful to have him as part of our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment