Sunday, June 7, 2015

Easter

We had a delightful Easter this year together. We originally thought my parents would be coming up but instead it was my Dad and brother Justin. They kept busy visiting with all the family around here and attending their mission reunions. We had our egg hunt in the backyard. Gunnar thought he needed to open each egg as he dropped it in his basket.

https://youtu.be/0qJG9nZyXf0









For whatever reason my children feel the need to "do" something while being recorded. They each wanted to be in a video and this is what we got. I can't stop laughing when I watch it. Brylee's continual need to "dance" while being recorded is just too delightful!


Bryant and Connor took a nap after the hunt :)

And I finally let my children decorate eggs for the first time in their lives! I had to limit them to 3 eggs each so that we didn't end up with a TON of eggs, especially since I am the only one that eats them



From the hunt, each child got a new puzzle and kite. I had them working on their puzzles during the afternoon session of conference. Note to self--Dollar Store 100 piece puzzles are trickier than normal puzzles because multiple pieces fit in the same spot so you can think you are doing it right only to find out that you have one in the wrong spot, which explains why you can't find the next piece to connect.

After 1 time with some help, Gunnar was able to figure out his own puzzle with little guidance. I was really impressed! Brylee really enjoyed her new puzzle. Next time I will have to get her more than 24 pieces so that it can be a bit of a challenge for her. 


We had beautiful kite flying weather the next day. I wasn't sure if it was kosher to fly kites in the cemetery or not but we did anyway because it was within walking distance. I learned that it is really hard to help 4 kids fly kites while keeping track of a baby all by myself. Thankfully, they all enjoyed it. 

And what do you do when you have a bunch of stickers to use, cover yourself in them of course ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment