Sunday, June 7, 2015

March Happenings

I know it, I have not updated in FOREVER once again but you should really be used to that by now, right?

Here is Hunter posing with a stack of boxes he built. He is learning that he doesn't like having to clean up after the messes he makes in his bedroom but he sure does enjoy having lots of personal space to play in. 

Connor has figured out the crawling thing. However, he still can't roll from his back to his front. It is extremely convenient! He is unable to roll over during diaper changes and whenever I need him to stay put I lay him on his back and cast the spell "imobileous" just in case that is the only reason he hasn't figured out how to roll over. Once he is on his stomach though, he can go and do anything he desires, he can sit up or crawl. He wishes he could pull himself to a standing position but isn't quite there yet. 




Bryant took the boys to the Library's annual Big Guy Little Guy event. This year the theme was super heroes. Brylee was really sad that she could go to, but I didn't buy a ticket for her. I told her next year I will arrive at the library before it opens the day that the fairy tea tickets go on sale so that we can go to that event together. Apparently, some moms show up hours before the library opens to ensure they get tickets to their preferred day and time. I have heard the ticket purchasing comparable to black Friday shopping but for moms with young daughters. 

The boys had fun with Bryant. They both had soccer games and we had the ward Easter party the same day. Thankfully, this year there was pizza and juice to drink instead of hamburgers with ketchup and mustard in them!






This year I provided my help the school PTA for Teacher (Staff) appreciation week. The theme was "Hollywood" so I volunteered to make each staff member a walk of fame star. Thankfully, my neighbor helped cut out some of the stars after I had traced them. It took around 10 hours to make all 44 of them. I'm also glad that I am not a procrastinator because I think they turned out AWESOME thanks to my accomplishing a little at a time. (of course I was still gluing the finished stars to the black squares the night before we decorated the school but I wasn't up to an absurd hour, thanks to Bryant's help)

Here is a unique Brylee production featuring Gunnar. She made another of her twirling while holding the camera but it made me a little sick just watching so I thought I would save you all the trouble :)

The boys had their annual choir concert at school where each of the grades performs a song so the parents can see a little of what they are learning :)

Here is Hunter performing with all the Kindergartens: In Kindergarten they are learning about moving their voices and so they performed "Going on a Bear Hunt"


Here is Tucker performing with the 1st graders about fireflies so they turned off the lights for effect.


In first grade they also learned about listening to the music and interpreting what they hear. Here is Tucker interpreting a song with his friend Ryan copying his movements. 

1 comment:

  1. That was great, Tucker! You really have a good sense of movement with the music.

    ReplyDelete