Thursday, December 30, 2010

Baby Brylee!!

Here I am right before heading to the hospital to have Brylee!


Brylee Lynnea Whiting was born at 6:20 pm, weighed 7lbs 3 oz, and was 19.5 inches tall, although one week later she measured at 20.5 inches so I don't know what to believe ;) I had an epidural for the delivery and didn't feel a thing once again. The epidural was so strong that I did not even notice Brylee move down the birth canal and think to call the nurses in. Fortunately, the monitor was no longer picking up her heart beat so the nurse came in and after not finding the heart beat for a minute decided to check how dilated I was only to discover Brylee's head was almost out. She ran to the door and called for a "code white." I had two doctors and three or four nurses in the room for the delivery. Even though my doctor was making rounds in the hospital that day he walked into the room the moment after Brylee was born. She he missed the delivery but showed up in time to stitch me up. I'm glad we have medicaid and I don't have to worry about who is getting paid what for that delivery. I can only imagine that all three doctors are going to want something for what they did :)

I was so surprised when they first showed her to me. She was so small!! 7lbs 11 oz may seem like a big baby to some people but it is almost a whole pound smaller than my next smallest baby. It is fun to have a baby that actually looks like a newborn rather than a one month old. I am thoroughly enjoying it!

Here is Brylee, only a few minutes old.




Here is Brylee one day old. I was surprised by how dark her haired looked. I expected all of our children to be born with super white hair (just like Tucker and Hunter). Her hair is lighter towards the ends but has the darker roots like Bryant's hair.




Here are her two older brothers. Hunter had become fascinated with babies lately and always smiles at them and wants to touch them at church. He was super excited to have a baby of his own to hold :) As you can see Tucker was quite excited too.



Hunter loves to give Brylee hugs and kisses and wants to hold her all the time (even if only for a few seconds)


Here she is two days old before leaving the hospital!


Shortly after Brylee and I got home from the hospital, Brylee had to be put under the blue lights to help her break down the biliruben. We had a few rough nights, and having had children under the lights before, I don't think I was as strict with her treatment. I knew that if we kept her under there as much as possible (but still allowed her out when she was grumpy) that she would get over it eventually and she only had to be under the lights for two nights (the second being the harder of the two)



2 comments:

  1. She is so sweet! I didn't even know you were expecting again! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a crazy story... so I take it that this was a fast delivery?! It is a little sad to see her under those lights though, glad you only had to do it for 2 nights. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete